Belknap House will create safe shelter for homeless families in Belknap County, NH during the cold weather months of October through April. With your support, the shelter will become a reality. Please partner with us through these volunteer opportunities.
This is to keep you informed of volunteer opportunities associated with Belknap House – Belknap County’s Homeless Shelter for Families. Please share and forward this to your friends and associates that might have an interest in doing community service work for Belknap House.
The Shelter plans to open in Early March 2017. Our first volunteer orientation session is scheduled for Dec 1 from 6-8pm at the Laconia NH VFW on Court Street. Those that indicated an interest in volunteering as a shelter assistant received a separate invitation already. If you are interested in attending and didn’t receive one, here is the link: http://evite.me/EhgHzjM3UA. This orientation is focused on those interested in being shelter assistants. For those unable to attend on this date, we will be planning other dates.
Belknap House relies on volunteers for most of its operations. We can often adapt an opportunity to fit your availability and skills. If you see an opportunity that interests you, please contact me directly or use the link to Volunteer Spot to sign up for one of the available positions.
Renovation work began on our shelter in April 2016 and is still on-going. Lead paint and asbestos abatement work finished in November. We now need renovation assistants to help with the renovation in December and shelter assistants to help with the on-going operations starting in January. Here is the list of our current opening for volunteers.
I. Belknap House Volunteer Staffing for Shelter (ongoing commitment)
• Shelter assistants - Volunteers will be needed starting in January to staff multiple positions at the shelter including registration desk, trainers, shelter monitors. Link to volunteer: http://signup.com/go/rFsb7v
II. Belknap House Renovation (short-term commitment)
• Renovation assistants. Volunteers are needed to help with renovating the shelter. Carpenters, electricians, plumbers, painters, interior designers, and laborers to assist skilled trades are needed to work with our contractor as projects are defined. December is the month when renovation help will be most needed. Link to volunteer: http://signup.com/go/qwXSp5
III. Fundraising and Event Volunteers (short-term commitment)
• Valentine’s Cookie Sale event help – Saturday, February 11th. Volunteers are needed to bake cookies for the sale, help set-up for the cookie sale , assist during the event, and clean-up after this event. Link to volunteer: http://signup.com/go/CiFNCW
IV. Board Committees (ongoing commitment)
• Fund-raising assistants: We need 1-2 volunteers to help contact sponsors and sign-up sponsors for our October Pumpkin Ball. If you have a few hours weekly that you can contact sponsors, let us know. Link to volunteer: http://vols.pt/3FNfQv
• Volunteer coordinator. We need at least one volunteer to help with volunteer communications, recruiting, and organizing. Link to volunteer: http://signup.com/go/RkuSqg
If you have any interest in volunteering to fill any of these opportunities, please email me or call. You help is appreciated!